Cholinergic urticaria

Hello. I have been having cholinergic urticaria for the past few months which has become worse since April. Initially I was on a combination of fexofenadine (Allegra) and cetrizine which was helping control the issue but not resolving it. I switched over to homeopathy recently and while it was improving earlier it has gone back to becoming worse. Initially I only used to have bumps and scratching on my arms. Now it has spread to neck, torso, legs, palms, feet and thighs too. It gets worse in heat (whenever it's hot outside) or whenever i get angry or nervous. I am supposed to travel in a month outside for higher education and don't know what to do. Should I continue with homeopathy? Should I switch back over to allopathy? Is there a dependency issue with allopathy?

Doctor Answers (1) on Cholinergic urticaria

Dr. Dilip Kumar Sa Raigarh | Dermatologist
Hello,
As you have cholinergic urticaria you should avoid heat , sweating, emotions and anger as much as possible. You can take antihistaminics like fexofenadine, cetirizine etc. for months together; there is no dependency issues.