cardiologist-icon
Cholesterol
Sir, I am over weight by 2 kgs for my height...I have been monitoring my cholesterol levels for the last three years.... From May 2015 to Aug 2017...My Serum Cholesterol was 189 mg/DL...I got my Lipid profile checked yesterday.... Serum Cholesterol 213mg/Dl...HDL 37 and LDL 138...No smoking and drinking habits...No family history of heart issues.... No Hypertension and diabetes...Do I need to panic.... I have started walking from today... Do I need to take medication......? I want to bring my serum cholesterol back to 180 mg/dl Regards Mahesh

Dear Mahesh Walking is good one u should be cont. Regular lipid profile levels every month will help to monitor your cholesterol levels In my opinion u can be wait for oral dyslipidemics to be started