Chills n headache

I have neither dengue nor malaria...I hve a platelet count of 1..I experience chills and headache...I donot knw why the doctor didnt administer a typhoid test on me...I m worried because I hve been unwell since 6 days

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Low platelets can happen in a lot of fevers particularly viral fevers. Dengue is not the only cause of low platelets. You need to get your Widal test and urine complete done. Widal is a test for typhoid. Kindly repost the question with the reports or consult your doctor again with the reports. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. B Rajashekar

hello get all fever panel investigations done then consult a good physician and decide bye
Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 2 yrs exp Hyderabad
You can get typhpid test done. But do you have any burning sensation in urine? Sometimes urinary tract infections also cause fever with chills...low platelet occurs in any kind of viral fever..no need to worry till  it is <50k.
Dr. Lohith
Most of the high viral fevers are associated with low platelets. It is important to treat you symptomatically as well as repeat blood tests to monitor the platelet count. Consult the physician for follow up, who will recommend the Typhoid test if indicated.