Cavity.Rct or Implant?

Hi Sir/Mam, In a recent visit to two different dentists, one of them has advised to go for tooth extraction and implant and other for RCT after checking X-Rays, both of which I have shared in the questionnaire. Please can I get expert advise on this as which one should I be the best remedy for it. And if anyone suggest for Extraction, then will there be any risk if I go for RCT and how long can it hold? Thanks in advance and looking forward for your opinion!
views-icons 66 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (8) on Cavity.Rct or Implant?

Rct can be done on comprise condition For few years
The bone level for this tooth as can be seen on the x ray is a little less in certain areas. I would advise to still go for rct and deep scaling around the tooth ...wait for two weeks and then go for capping as this will give a better chance for longer survival. Do male sure the tooth is not moving a lot . .if that is the case then extraction would be recommended. Minor mobility may subside after rct
Hi..you can go for root canal. But, surrounding area of bone is compromised. It would stay only for five to ten years. Regards
Hi go for root canal treatment ..it looks as it can be saved with rct and crown ...best of luck take care
Should give one try for RCT and capping. Extraction and implant can b done any time if it fails.
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
To keep it simple RCT and crown would be the best option out for this tooth. But you need to keep a meticulous oral hygene by flossing and getting your teeth cleaned(scaling) by a dentist once in three months atleast intially. Implant as an alternative and only as a last option.
As I can see in your X Ray.Your tooth can be saved with RCT.if done properly,It will have along life.Extraction is definitely not recommended.Go for RCT and Crown.
Since u r jst 26 yrs old I would advice u to go for a RCT which u need to keep in ur mind .....wont last for a long time..so in case the rct treated tooth works for 4 to 5 yrs..then ultimately u can go for an implant....