Cataract surgery

Hello Doctor I just wanted to check can she go for cataract surgery at this age & will it not impact on her nervous system as she had suffered with conversions last year. If so who is the best Doctor/Surgeon you suggest in Bangalore. Thanks

Dr. Ravi Thadani
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 34 yrs exp Delhi
Agreeing with what is said by Dr. Kumar, I want to highlight some other points. Cataract surgery only involves manipulation of the eye , so it should not be problematic for her nervous system. However, other precautionary measures are taken to ensure uneventful surgery and easy post operative recovery. For, such type of operations, in which one is having other systemic diseases, one should always prefer a multi speciality hospitals, where emergency services are round the corner, so in case of any complications, it can be easily taken care of. Also for short surgical time, you should look for an expert in your area.
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 27 yrs exp Hyderabad
Yes, definitely, she can undergo modern cataract surgery at this age and even with history of convulsions. The concerned eye surgeon will take the required precautions for each individual, as per established protocols. Search for yourself on practo, in Bangalore. You can make an informed decision to select your doctor. As for Hyderabad, we stand out among the best !