Cant pronounce well
Hello Sir, Since my childhood I have some discomfort in pronunciation due to minor problem in teeth alignment. It looks odd at my mouth when I pronounce some words which also loose my confidence in public,adding to it i had some what bad smile due to this teeth. So I kindly request u to suggest me how this is treated and tell me that using the braces alone can solve my problem or not.

Dr. Kunal R Shah
Orthodontist 10 yrs exp Nashik

Hi, Due to irregularities in teeth speech problem can arise. As you mention, braces are must to correct that mal alignment. Plus if needed the opinion of speech therapist is also needed. But as soon as teeth are corrected problem might solve. Thank you- Dr kunal shah Anjana Multispeciality Dental Clinic Nashik
Dr. Purva Jingar
Dentist Jaipur

Consult an orthodontist and they will give you best treatment plans for your alignment of teeth.
Dr. N. Satish Varma
Dentist 15 yrs exp Visakhapatnam
Minor speech discrepancies can be due to improper alignment of teeth. A consultation with an orhtodontist will be good thing to start with.
Dr. Abdul Gaffar Mahkri
Implantologist 5 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hi friend! Improper speech is not only because of malaligned teeth, it can also be because of a restricted tongue attachment to the floor of mouth or due to some motor problem in the neurons. Get yourself examined clinically by a qualified dentist to discover the exact cause for your speech problem. If your speech issue is due to malaligned teeth, then you've to go for treatment with braces. If it is due to restricted tongue attachment then a minor surgery will do. Nevertheless if you're also concerned about your aesthetic appearance also, then braces is the treatment option for that. Hope this helps!
Dr. Gaurav Malik
Dentist 16 yrs exp Amritsar
The thumb rule of orthodontics is early u diagnose correctly ,earlier you could correct and treat the problem.yes it is true that malalignment of teeth can cause improper speach in certain cases like open bite but without your oral examination and without looking at xray opg view it is not possible to find exact cause of your problem.
Dr. Kishor V.Selukar
Dentist 8 yrs exp Pune
I'm quite sure that speech problm is not because of teeth, as it is there since birth (milk teeth mostly in correct position), visit your nearby good dentist examine your tongue and its attachments surrounding , most commonly beneath tounge the attachment is high(more) so that it restricts tounge movements , that directly imparts on speech
Dr. Yatharth Bhatia
Dentist 13 yrs exp Gurgaon
Hi Teeth crooked ness alone cannot be a major factor in speech problem. Ya an open bite might case a speech problem . I feel if it's only crooked teeth you feel is the problem , you should probably consult a speech therapist first. Followed with dentist if the speech therapist advices you to. Regards
Dr. Nikhil Saran
Endodontist 14 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello friend. First of all you need to understand that speach has many component which includes teeth and also to a major extent the surrounding soft tissue.  So as you are describing only about the teeth, which alone can not a decision making factor. You should Consult a dentist and get the assessment done about the soft tissue as well as hard tissue. A dentist can definately be in position to get some help.