Cannot sleep at night

I won't be able to sleep at night my mind runnning whole night .i am married and have 1 kid which is epileptic .i woke up late In the afternoon and that time also I am not fresh . My routine is very bad due to this sleep problem . Kindly advise what to do ?

Doctor Answers (3) on Cannot sleep at night

Dr. Bevin.S Chennai | Psychiatrist
Sleep problems can occur in many adults but if it continues to disturb you it could be due to increased stress, anxious events, worrying anticipation, depression or improper sleep pattern.
Sleep Hygiene is the first and foremost.  Follow a strict time table for sleep, Avoid late night coffee, TV,late dinner, and some exercises. If you still feel disturbances in sleep kindly consult a psychiatrist to get treated.
Try relaxation techniques and breathing exercises. Kindly don't worry about your kid. Kid will be okay and fine. Stay Relaxed and Be Healthy.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Are you worried about your child a lot? I can understand your concern as a parent. Yet you should be there to take of your child in the need of emergency and all through your child's life. Hence ,it is your health which is very vital to handle all those crucial hours. Please instead of worrying about your child's future you become very friendly and active person in her or his life. Bring in the energy the child wants actally from you. See the smile and laugh in your child which will bring in calm and composedness in you to get a better sleep.
Dr. Mohit Shah Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Sleep problems is most of the times symptoms of underlying anxiety or depression, consult a psychiatrist who can diagnose your problem and treatment accordingly, meanwhile you can read sleep hygiene techniques from Internet which can help you, foods like walnut, banana and milk also improve sleep
Sleep hygiene techniques