Cannot Afford Lasik

I have Cylindrical power in both eyes since 10th standard. As of now in Mumbai I get Toric lens upto -3.75 Max. My prescription for specs recently done on 28/01/16 is Right eye Cyl -5.00 axis 12 and Left Eye -1.75 axis 177. For left eye I can avail sof lenses easily, however for right eye with 5 power not able to get in Mumbai. I saw online for product by coopervision called preference XR which suits my power. Bad luck available in US not in India. Whom to visit and from where to avail soflense for right eye I am confused. Maximum no. of people I had visited in past says, at present there are no soflenses beyond -3.75 cyl. 1) Can I get monthly disposable for -5.00 cyl ? It is really hard for me to do 1year single soflens maintenance. 2) Should I go for -3.25 or -3.75 which has vast difference from my actual number, if I wear these for long time, it may cause further increase in number.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello....as beautifully explained by my colleague that u can use available lens in ur right eye and ur number will not increase due to this low power contact lens.....i just want to add one thing...i would recommend you one test PENTACAM....just to see corneal topography of ur right eye....in cases of high cylinder i would also like to know if ur number is constant or still changing in right eye? I just want to rule out a disease of cornea known as karatoconus
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
You have done exhaustive search for your -5.00 cylinder. It is okay if you use only -3.75 for the time being. This itself will not cause increase in power. There are several factors leading to power change, either increase or decrease. It may not be possible to overcome all the factors. Keep in touch with your ophthalmologist, he/she can guide you appropriately.