Can i drink green tea

My second baby is 6 months and she is given both breast feed and formula milk. I am around 81kg, which I feel too much fat after my second c section, and now my question is "shall I take green tea twice or at least once a day"? I read in Internet that drinking green tea reduces folic acid production in the body which is not good for me and baby as well. Any suggestion please

Doctor Answers (1) on Can i drink green tea

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, yes green tea known to reduce weight, but it is unpredictable. Since it's six months now baby is having along with best milk some complementary feeds too, so don't worry about folic acid. To reduce weight do brisk walk for 30min daily, consider doing yoga,, and Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss are: 1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively. 2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods. 3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight. 4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet. 5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets. 6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables.