Calf Pain in right leg.

Hi, When i sit on my foot for some time and stand up, i feel heavy pain in right area of my calf in right leg. i couldn't get my leg straight after standing up for 10-12 steps and thereafter i can walk normally. Seems like some nerve pains which strecthes from knee till the foot. Also just above my foot behind near the ankle, it pains a lot. Please suggest me what should i do to cure this permanently.

Doctor Answers (7) on Calf Pain in right leg.

Dr. Priyanka Bhati
16 yrs. of exp | Faridabad | Physiotherapist

INR 400 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Dear friend Take Ice pack for few days followed by calf stretch for 2 to 3 days. You will feel better soon.
Dr. Gireesh Kant Snehi (PT)
4 yrs. of exp | Gurgaon | Physiotherapist

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
You need any physio or ortho visit . Bcos of nerve compression you getting there symptoms. Might be you leading toward spinal stenosis. So visit at proper spine doctre so it can cited at early stage otherwise it need proper attention.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani
21 yrs. of exp | Noida | Physiotherapist

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Stretch Calves Get a custom made insole. Hams Stretching. Sports Taping. Hot Fomentation.
Dr. Pankaj Kumar
8 yrs. of exp | Noida | Orthopedic Surgeon

INR 400 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
get your vit d3 vit b12 n uric acid test done.if there is history of trauma.we need to see your xray n mri
Dr. Tanuj Garg (PT)
8 yrs. of exp | Noida | Physiotherapist
You need to do icing on the calf thrice a day followed by calf stretching... if there is any sort of muscle spasm in the calf you must go for a new technique known as dry needling.. that will definetly help you resolving your problem.. take care.. get well soon
Dr. Murtaza Taxiwala (PT)
5 yrs. of exp | Udaipur | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Plz visit a good Physio or ortho nearby and get properly examined for your problem
Dr. Siddhartha Ghosh
27 yrs. of exp | Mumbai | Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dear patient I will recommend to see ur orthopedician or spine surgeon. The pain ur feeling in calf has few imp reason which need timely attention. First it could be vitamins or calcium deficiency, secondly muscle pull which aches sometimes for a long. Third and the most important is the nerve root compression in ur spine called as back bone which gives the pain similar to ur description....option are not weight lift, avoid suddent jerky,movement, pain killers and muscle relaxants withsome vitamins and calcium. But u need to see ortho or spine surgeon for the same as he mightask u for the MRI after clinical evaluation if needed..thanks