Calcium deposits in bone

Hi, my mom was recently diagnosed with calcium deposits in her left shoulder arm joint. The Dr suggested her to take oil injection but we are sceptical about it since it would be repetitive to have the injection. Can someone suggest what type of medication is suitable and she is undergoing severe pain in the morning and night. Thanks much in advance

Doctor Answers (3) on Calcium deposits in bone

Bangalore | General Physician

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  It would have been great if you had attached a picture of the reports if any. It could be cwlcific tendinitis, you can apply a cold ice pack and consult a orthopedician in person for further evaluation and management.  Intra articular injection would actually be helpful for your mother. Best regards.  Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
18 yrs. of exp | Gurgaon | Medical Microbiologist

INR 500 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Intra articular injection will help you
rohith
2 yrs. of exp | Chennai | General Physician
It is known as calcific tendonitis.shoulder ice/compression sleeves could help.try this and if not settles,you can go for injection.thank you