Burning sensation

I am having burning sensation in my stomach since last one month. Sometimes it hurts really bad. I used to think because of skipping meals it is happening. But it happens even when I have had proper meals. Suggest please what to do.

Doctor Answers (1) on Burning sensation

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,,I went through your query,your symptoms suggest it could be gastritis 1.Refined Food – Refined food like white bread, refined sugar is difficult to digest and leads to increased irritation on the stomach lining. Thus, food like pastries, burgers etc should be avoided. 2.Fat – Gastritis is basically the inflammation of the stomach lining, which is enhanced due to fatty acids. Sources of fatty acids are fried chicken, fried onions, fried eggs etc. Boiled eggs are safe but fried eggs are a great source of fatty acids, which increases the stomach lining inflammation. 3.Spicy Food – Spicy food needless to say increases inflammation in the stomach. Spicy food may include direct intake of chillies, intake of high amount of spice everyday, mustard etc.
Here is what to eat - eat fresh fruits and vegetables which has high fibre helps both gastritis and digestion problem.  There is no restrictions to drinking water,, drink as much as water. Avoid lemon juice during acute attack or gastritis, Eating curd rice helps with loose motion and soothens gastritis. Can take antigastrits tablets like pantaprozole 40mg morning in empty stomach. Don't skip meals.