Braces pain remedy?

It's been less than a week that I got my lingual braces and the pain has been gradually increasing ever since. I understand this is commonplace for all patients but is there anything I could do to get relief? Also, how long do you reckon before this pain starts subsiding?

Doctor Answers (4) on Braces pain remedy?

Have you informed your orthodontist about this?. I'm sure he/she would be more ready to help you out from this pain...
Hi..pain during braces is temporary. You can use mucopain gel on the gum area and take Diclomol tablet thrice daily for two days. Symptoms will come down slowly. No need to worry. Ask your dentist more about it. Regards
Hiiiii.......putting on braces is like putting on new pair of sandals which hurts untill n unless we get used to it Initially braces hurt not becaus of the presuure exerted but because of forein body in the mouth causing ulcers which sare painful. Use lgels like dentacaine or mucopain. U can take painkiller sos. Try taking soft food and liquids for a few days. It will take another week to get used to it. Dont worry it will be fine soon. Take care!!
Use an Anesthetic gel like Mucopain, Dentogel. Use an icepack Eat soft foods Your teeth will very likely be sensitive as they shift after your braces are tightened. Avoid crunchy, hard, or difficult to eat foods and opt for more soft foods. Mashed potatoes, smoothies, pudding and soup are good options because they don’t require much chewing and involvement of the teeth. Be patient While it may be uncomfortable to get your braces tightened, just remember that the pain is temporary and will go away in a few days. Any discomfort will all be worth it when you get your braces removed and you’re left with a perfectly aligned smile!