Braces needed?

I'd Braces at 13 yrs age n had them removed after about20 months.Before the braces,I'd to wear a mould for arnd 8months,to push the bone of the front 2 teeth back. Doc made me wear a similar mould for a year after removing the braces. Front right tooth is moving out now, gap is pretty evident.Do I need braces again?
views-icons 107 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Saumil Chetan Sampat
Prosthodontist 6 yrs exp Mumbai

hi usually a fixed retainer might be given to the patient in such cases. nonetheless a limited orthodontic treatment can help to bring the front tooth back to its position again.
Hi, a retainer does help to a certain extent, but if you had gaps between your upper teeth, a minor procedure to reduce the frenum attachment between your two front teeth might also help. You can try geting a retainer and observe how it helps, and later get permanent retention done.
Dr. Disha Nighot
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 6 yrs exp Thane
please mention your current age !if you are below 25 then surely braces will help you a lot. the gaps will close permanently only after you get a two year orthodontic treatment.. all the best