My mother is 56 years old. She is diabetic(heredity), high BP and has thyroid. She is now suffering with Hemoglobin(7.9%),Creatinine level 1.49 mg/dL, excessive loss of hairs, loss of appetite & swelling of body. Can you please suggest if I need to go to a specialist or general physician will help more with this type of case? If you can help with a doctor familiar with these multiple conditions.
130 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
Consultant Physician 3 yrs exp Karimnagar
Hello, There are multiple problems to be dealt with simultaneously so General physician is the best doctor for these kind of problems. For diabetes kindly do FBS ,PPBS and HbA1c to determine the control. For hypertension in a patient with diabetes better drug will be telmisartan than nebi H so again consult physician and let him decide after clinical examination. For thyroid kindly update us with TSH report and continue thyroid medications. Creatinine is 1.49 mg/ dl shows there is no kidney issue but the reference laboratory range is not mentioned in the details provided. For all these patients with diabetes we need to do Cardiac tests like TMT or 2 D Echo yearly once Opthal examination once in 2 years and serum creatinine and urine protein level for monitoring for nephropathy... So kindly update me with more details so that i can advise more...
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.