Bow Legs in Children
My son is 15 month old suffering from bow legs problem he recently started walking,but his left leg is bowed outs little bit, i also goes for a vitamin d test it is very low around 16 normal limit is 30, i also starts given him vitamin d, please suggest me what should i do, Right now he is under treatment of pediatric but i am not satisfy, may i also goes for ortha pedic also or not.

Dr. Pranav Gupta
Pediatrician 13 yrs exp Delhi

The problem you are facing is not uncommon. I am happy that you kid is already under care of a paediatrician. It is normal for babies to have bowed legs till 5 years of age. However, as you have already identified Vitamin D deficiency, it is prudent to replenish any deficient vitamin or mineral. I do not feel that you need to consult any orthopedician. What I would advise you to do is to discuss your concerns with your paediatrician in detail, next time you visit.