Boil in underarm

I have developed a small red growth in my underarm which has become red & very sensitive to touch & friction in the past week. There is constant pain & it feels raw & swollen . I have been pulling a tropical antibiotic cream Fucidin for the last week but the condition has not improved. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (2) on Boil in underarm

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Do not squeeze, scratch, drain, or open the boil. Squeezing can push the infection deeper into the skin. Gently wash the area with soap and water twice a day. Dry it well. Put warm, wet cloths on the boil for 20 to 30 minutes, 3 or 4 times a day. Do this as soon as you notice a boil. The heat and moisture can help the boil to open and drain, but it may take 5 to 7 days. A warm compress or waterproof heating pad placed over a damp towel may also help. Keep using heat for 3 days after the boil opens. Put a bandage on it so the drainage does not spread. Change the bandage every day. If the boil is draining on its own, let it drain. Keep cleaning it twice a day with soap and water. To help keep the infection from spreading, do not share towels and washcloths with other people...if no improvements consult nearest doctors they will help you with antibiotics and drainage procedures..
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. Your symptoms are suggestive of folliculitis. You will need much more than just topical creams. Consult a dermatologist so that he can examine you and give appropriate treatment. Regards