Body jerks.& chest pain

I am having sudden body jerks since last 6 months post stress and trauma. These jerks come anytime of the day mostly when i think, more towards the night. I feel sudden pain in the chest frequently but it goes away in 1-2 minutes. The body muscles feel very tight and since last couple of days sudden pain in head also has started happening which also goes away in 2-3 minutes. Please let me know what needs to be done and which specialist should i consult.

Dr. Prabhakar Korada
Psychiatrist 22 yrs exp Hyderabad

Taking into consideration your height, weight and your profession, and the high percentage of alcohol and tobacco abuse in your peer group, I would first think of the possibility of Hypertension and associated problems including of the heart. Please see a physician and get yourself examined. Please do regular exercise and also try to reduce your weight. Meditation and Pranayama on a regular basis would certainly help you in the long run. After your consultation with the physician, you might benefit seeing a psychiatrist also. He might give you tips on stress management.