diabetes-icon

Body growth problem

Hello, I am 24 years old , I am not able to gain my weight even though my diet is good and I still look boyish.I am 5'10 inches and my weight is only 55 kg.I have tried gym but also it did not gave me required results. Please suggest some treatment and is this problem related to hormones , please comment

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello,, sir your weight is actually perfect to your height. Your height is below average since you are 24yrs your current height is the maximum height your are gaining in your life time. Height depends on genetical, and some environmental factors. Nothing can be done to increase height after 21yrs (once growing bone stops). Weight can be increased with good exercise if done with high protein diet, without high protein diet,, exercise will be waste of time. Coming to hormones if your sexual growth is normal,, don't worry much about your any hormones. If still have any quires feel free to ask In private.