diabetes-icon

Blood sugar & urine keton

My blood sugar fasting is observed 65 and urine ketones are present what does that mean? Do I have diabetes or something wrong with my lungs

Ketonuria occurs when fatty acids are moved from triglyceride stores in the body in response to inadequate intake or availability of carbohydrates. Under conditions of abnormal carbohydrate metabolism, such as occurs in diabetes mellitus, ketones accumulate in the blood (ketonemia) and are excreted in the urine (ketonuria). The accumulation of ketones is often the cause of acidosis and coma in diabetics. Ketonuria is also associated with: Starvation Digestive disturbances Dietary imbalance (high fat/low carbohydrate diet) Eclampsia Prolonged vomiting and diarrhea Glycogen storage diseases Severe, sustained exercise Fever Prolonged exposure to cold temperatures Ketones are mildly toxic to the body, tending to interfere with the excretion of uric acid, produce mild depression of the central nervous system, and cause acidosis. Consult Physician...