Blood in stool

Hi, I've been having blood in my stool for the past many years. However it does not happen regularly. Only when I'm constipated does it happen. I do not have any pain while bleeding. Do I need to go for physical examination and tests like colonoscopy.

Doctor Answers (3) on Blood in stool

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
10 yrs. of exp | Delhi | General Practitioner

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
1. Is there any blood in the stools ? 2. For how long have you been having this condition? 3.Also, is their any irritation at anus or pain abdomen? 4.Do u have constipation? 5.Do you have Acidity problem? Please answer these questions before we proceed to treatment protocol. Also if more than 3 answers are yes, we have found the problem and you need immediate assistance. Please consult us to get immediate treatment protocol.
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hi.... Add fiber to your diet increases the weight of your stool and speeds its passage through your intestines. Slowly begin to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables each day. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals.... Exercise most days of the week. Physical activity increases muscle activity in your intestines. Try to fit in exercise most days of the week....
DR .V.HARI PRASAD
5 yrs. of exp | Chittoor | General Physician
Yes ,definitely you need investigations . Visit medical gastroenterologist or surgical gastroenterologist for best results