Blinking eye post surgery

One year back. My mother got operated for cataract in her left eye. Post surgery her left eye became small compared to right eye and it is blinking continuously.. One of my relative who got operated said it will be there for some days.. but its almost a year.. my mother's eye is still blinking more than the normal.. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello dear... Increased blink rate is unrelated to cataract surgery It might b due to dryness...she can use lubricating eyedrop

Hi..., Cataract surgery successfully restores vision in an overwhelming majority of cases. Cataract surgery involves removing the clouded lens and replacing it with a clear artificial lens. The artificial lens, called an intraocular lens, is positioned in the same place as your natural lens, and it remains a permanent part of your eye... After the procedure, you'll have some discomfort for a few months..Frequent blinking of eyes could be due to dryness of the eyes...Consult Ophthalmologist for artificial tear drops...