Bleeding gums

I noticed blood mixed with the toothpaste foam during brushing today. Kindly guide me on the best course of action. How serious is the problem ?

Doctor Answers (6) on Bleeding gums

Archana Betur Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hello bleeding gums is a first sign of ur gingivitis.. Do visit any dentist n get scaling done ... Ur problem ll b solved.. But definitely if u neglect the issue u ll end up in periodontitis I.e., ur deeper tissues ll get damaged n u ll ve to go for gum surgeries... To avoid further complications get ur teeth cleaned soon... N do it once in every 6 months... Stay healthy..
First stage of gum disease vl hv bleeding gums, simple cleaning can solve ur problem, if neglected leads to deeper tissue damage, like bone loss around teeth, visit ur dentist to clinically evaluate ur condition and treat accordingly
Hi, many reason for bleeding gums is inflammation which can be due to hard brushing or due to plaque and calculus deposited on your teeth. You need to visit dentist for cleaning and scaling of teeth. And use soft brush twice a day in upside down manner with soft hand and massage your gums daily. Start rinsing your mouth with warm saline rinses twice a day which helps in reducing inflammation. Take care.
It might be simple gum inflammation. Get ur teeth cleaned and then brush ur teeth twice daily
Hi bleeding gums is a common problem, so u need not to worry, it might be cause of some gum inflammation(gingivitis), u need to visit ur dentist and may require some professional cleaning of ur teeth..hope this wil solve yr problem ..best of luck ..feel free to ask ne further queries
Bleeding gums is the sign of gum infection can be treated by scaling i.e cleaning the teeth but in case of advance stages of gum infection u may need a gum surgery .u need to take x ray to conform.