You might be brushing twice daily but if the brushing technique is faulty, it will not help much..... also, there can be multiple reasons of malodour (bad breath) from the mouth..... you need to make a visit to your dentist so that the exact reason for your bad breath can be narrowed down upon and then treatment plan devised accordingly...... the dentist will also guide you about the best brushing technique that suits your oral cavity requirements.....
Hii even though you are brushing twice daily some areas of your tooth portion won't be able to clean with your brush. Due to this bacteria gets accumulated forms tartar or calculus deposits which gives bad breath. So for every 6 months normal dental cleaning is required.
Bad breath can be reduced or prevented if you:
- practice good oral hygiene.
- Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to remove food debris and plaque.
- Don't forget to brush the tongue, too.
- Replace your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months or after an illness.
- Use floss or an interdental cleaner to remove food particles and plaque between teeth once a day.
- See your dentist regularly -- at least twice a year. He or she will conduct an oral exam and professional teeth cleaning and will be able to detect and treat periodontal disease, dry mouth, or other problems that may be the cause of bad mouth odor.
- Drink lots of water. This will keep your mouth moist.
- Chewing gum (preferably sugarless) stimulates the production of saliva, which helps wash away food particles and bacteria.
Hello there are various causes of bad breath or halitosis..it can be gum infection or decayed teeth,it can be due to mouthbreathing which leads to dry mouth or salivary gland problems ..it can also be due to other medical problems like gastric problems,it can also be due to an unclean tongue..apart from normal brushing u need to do flossing and cleaning your tongue and a proffessional scaling has to be done to treat any guminfection..or if thete are decayed teeth they have to be filled so kindly visit a dentist ..
Bad breath can b caused due to various reasons. Due to smoking n using tobacco products, dental prob such as decay teeth, unclean tongue, gum infections, reduced saliva n dry mouth, ill fitting dentues, salivary gland probs. Other diseases n infections which also cause bad breath r sinus infections, respiratory tract infections such as bronchitis n pneumonia, liver n kidney probs, diabetes, acid reflux from stomach etc. Get scalling done by dentist. Use proper brushing techniques. Brush , floss n use mouthwash twice daily. Massage ur gums with ur finger tips after brushing. Keep ur tongue clean. Rinse ur mouth well after each meal. Get ur decay teeth filled. Visit ur dentist for dental checkups every 6 months to detect n prevent dental probs. Inspite of these measures if bad breath persists, consult a general physician for further evaluation.
you must visit a dentist first. a thorough cleaning is needed first. follow oral hygiene instructions provided by the dentist regularly. dont forget to brust twice a day, floss regularly, and visit a dentist once in six months.
bad breath can also be because of
persistent throat infections
if u r having any of the above said conditions, u need to address them along with dental care
Most of the time bad breath is not only because of improper oral hygine.... Some times may cause due to long span indigestion. Or may be gastritis... May be because of improper or unstable food and sleeping habit... So take consult to your family dentist