Bad breath problems
Doctor Answers (10) on Bad breath problems
- practice good oral hygiene.
- Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to remove food debris and plaque.
- Don't forget to brush the tongue, too.
- Replace your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months or after an illness.
- Use floss or an interdental cleaner to remove food particles and plaque between teeth once a day.
- See your dentist regularly -- at least twice a year. He or she will conduct an oral exam and professional teeth cleaning and will be able to detect and treat periodontal disease, dry mouth, or other problems that may be the cause of bad mouth odor.
- Drink lots of water. This will keep your mouth moist.
- Chewing gum (preferably sugarless) stimulates the production of saliva, which helps wash away food particles and bacteria.