Back Pain
I was working out in gym and due to bad posture injured my back...I am experiencing pain in my right hip, my lower back and sometimes on my middle back...it seems the pain is distributed in whole back...I consulted my physiotherapist and he gave me Ift and Infrared heat...but still no effect on pain

Dr. Sharath Kumar
Rheumatologist 15 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Sorry to hear you are having so much back pain and that is affecting your life. Back pain is very common and almost everybody develop back pain atleast once I their life. In the large majority 95%, we don't know the cause of back pain I.e. it is due to some strain or sprain and the pain usually resolves within 2-6 weeks with or even WITHOUT treatment. So how to identify the 5% who may have a serious problem or cause to their back pain. There are certain rules of thumb . One of them says back pain which is slow in onset and occurs in person less than 20 yers of age should be tested for possible serious problems including something known as spondyloarthritis or ankylosing spondyltiis. Please meet a rheumatologist as soon as possible to know whether you need any further evaluation or to know if you can be referred to an orthopedician. Hope this helps. Sharath
Dr. Jayakrishnan Pillai
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Bangalore

You need to be clinically examined and diagnosed before any treatment (including physiotherapy) can be started. Meet an orthopaedic surgeon.