Autoimmune Thyroid Diseas
My son got married recently. My daughter in-law is planning to go for pregnancy but her thyroid profile is as below; T3 free FT3 1.94 T4 free FT4 0.84 TSH (Ultra Sensitive) 239.270 Please let me know, if pregnancy is possible? If yes, what are the complications likely. Whether there is a possibility of transmission of the disease of mother to her progeny? Please advise if any other investigations are required.

Dr. Neeta Gupta
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 20 yrs exp Noida
Need to treat thyroid before planning a pregnancy.Yes she can have a child with no complications if well controlled
Dr. Prashant Kini
General Endocrinologist 12 yrs exp Mumbai
Tsh is high Kindly control it and then plan pregnancy Yes since her antibody levels are high there is transmission chances to progeny Baby has to be tested for thyroid
Dr. Tanuja Uchil
Gynecologist 20 yrs exp Mumbai
The TSH is quite high. She requires to start medication. Also she requires to get her thyroid antibodies done. It is advisable to get the levels under control and then plan pregnancy.