cardiologist-icon

Atrial Fribillation

I Have Atrial Fribillation I Have Anxiety Too Doctor Gave Me Pantosec-D Tab & Betloc My Age Just 18 2DEcho Normal But ECG Shows Atrial Fribillation What The Reason Doctor It Is Due To Gerd Refulx Or SME Thing? answer Me Thank You

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
Cardiologist 5 yrs exp Noida

Atrial fibrillation is irregularly irregular heart rate First thing to rule out is whether it's a valvular AF or a non valvular AF The treatment strategy in chronic AF is rate control that is to keep the heart rate under control You should undergo a detailed Echo at a good lab to rule out any anatomical cause of AF and to also check for any intra cardiac clot Consult a cardiologist What are your other co morbidities This will decide whether or not to add an anticoagulant

Well..anxiety can ba a reason for palpitations...but af is varying heart rate ranging from very low to very high...you can take betaloc for a period as mentioned by a physician....need not worry...just try to relax yourself as much as possible ....you need to find out the cause of your anxiety...thank you..
Dr. Suchit Majumdar
Interventional Cardiologist 13 yrs exp Thiruvananthapuram
You need to contact a cardiac electrophysiologist in order to get proper guidance. Need for blood thinning medications to based on risk score. Also if it is occasional some drugs can prevent its recurrence. There is also possibility for cure of it by special therapy called radiofrequency ablation.