Are running shoes imprtnt

Hello, I am about to start running for weight loss in a few days. I dont have proper shoes for this purpose. While wandering on net, i also found some bad effectsof wearing shoes while runing. Pls advise me should i go for running shoes? If yes what should i check while buying? Thanks

Doctor Answers (3) on Are running shoes imprtnt

Dr. Madhubabu Acupuncturist
Get good running shoes... sports shoe is always preferable...check these things 1. Proper aeration 2.is there proper foot arch support 3. Proper sole grip with devided blocks 4. Proper heel support 5.proper heel cushioning 6. It should not press your ball of the feet
Dr. S. Krishnamoorthy Chennai | Acupuncturist
Try F8 walk program

Procedure to do “8” shaped walking exercise:

Practice this in the morning, evening or in empty stomach, in the open or in a room in the north-south direction.  Draw a parallel line from east to west or west to east in the north side and leave ten feet gap and  draw 8 shape line; now practice “8” shaped walking.  Walk North to south and South to North clockwise and anticlockwise fifteen minutes each.Practice “8” shaped walking first and then you may do some simple yogic exercise and breathing exercise.During this walk we will necessarily concentrate in walking in the 8 shape line. Possibility of chatting with friends in person or in mobile like in normal walking is avoided.  Proper and normal breathing is possible.In our hand palm and leg palm all reflex points of our entire internal organs are located.(See the leg palm picture) Due to the pressure in palm, at the time of  walking ( we should walk in bare foot without shoes/chapel ) all our internal organs are activated and we get relief from concerned diseases. 

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....... It's better to use sports shoes... Running puts pressure on sole and shoes prevent uneven distribution of force... But if you are not professional runner, you can manage with ordinary shoes... But don't run in bare foot... If can also use treadmill ... .....