Ankle ligament Torn
My right foot twisted while playing badminton. It has got swelling too. I consulted a doctor immediately for any bone fracture and had an X-ray. There was no bone fracture but Ligament torn(Grade II).I am taking complete rest since 10 days. When should I start walking? Should I go for plaster to heal the torn Ligament?

Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C
Orthopedist 19 yrs exp Bangalore

You need to wear ankle binder for 3 weeks, if pain is more if you can't walk with binder, requires casting, consult orthopedic surgeon get treated

Hello.. Yes you need to tk rest fr 2-3 weeks...you need to use ankle binder for it...its better to physiotherapy done as it will help in faster healing...you need to learn few exercises too...give proper rest