Anger & non-communication

My husband reacts with disproportionate anger and irritation in almost all things in daily life. He doesn't spend time with his son or wife at all, instead chooses to spend time on the net. Displays road rage when driving. Is non communicative. Reacts with anger or indifference if I try to talk to him. This has been happening with increased intensity for the past couple of months. But most of these behavior has been there for past many years now. He is 44 years old. I am 38. We have been married for 13 years. We have a 5 year old son. Both of us work. I am the primary breadwinner. my husband has never shown much inclination to assume responsibilities for providing financial security for family. He is also not invested in providing emotional support. I fear that he is suffering from depression or a personality disorder and seek to understand what's troubling him. Our son who is 5 would like to spend more time with him. We need help.

Doctor Answers (2) on Anger & non-communication

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
There could an anger about himself within him which is reflecting as Anger and Irritation at the people around him
It could due to his job Or due to his financial incapability  or anything which he has presumed.
I think you both need to consult a professional A Psychologist cum.Marriage Counsellor, and discuss with them individually  and personally.
Dr. Suhasini Das Bangalore | Psychiatrist
Hello Madam.. I can understand your situation. It could be anything but without having any proper history in a face to face consultation, it is not possible for any sort of intervention. I would suggest that you visit a psychiatrist or even a counselor.
Visit psychiatrist