Anger management

I have a problem keeping my anger in cveck and i get irritated very easily. What should i do? Pls suggest

Doctor Answers (1) on Anger management

Dr. Anjendra R Targe Pune | Psychiatrist
Increased irritability and anger are symtoms that need to be addressed correctly. There could be a lot of reasons that could be leading upto it, ranging from stress at work, low levels of job satisafction, tumultuous relationships, added responsibilities, and so on.

What you need to do, is take stock of things. Think hard, introspect. Address the reasons that might be causing these emotions. Create a diary, notes down problems, priotities, and things that need your urgent attention.

If these symptoms have been transient, it could be termed as a passing phase, but if they're lingering on longer than you thought, I suggest you seek Psychiatric consultation. The reason I say that, is these emotions could be harbingers of disorders liek depression. So, consult with a Psychiatrist of your choice.

Meanwhile, make sure you're eating right, not skipping meals, and sleeping adequately. Also include regualr exercise of your choice in your daily routine, if you aren't doing that already.

Good luck