My sister have cough,cold,sneezing problem throughout the year.We stay in Bangalore and she always have some kind of allergy and intermittent fever wiyh cold. It becomes necessary to take cetrizine and Viscodyne throughout the year. Eithput Viscodyne (taking other cough medivines) does not even subsides her cough. I am not sure if she has dust allergy but even if she goes out covering her nose and mouth, still she has cold and keepd on sneezing or coughing throughout the year. What might be the problem as I am really worried about her?
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
dear practo user looking at your sisters details it seems to be like allergic problems which can be properly diagnosed only after proper CHECKUP for which you need to consult first nearest doctor who will ask you other details.....but surely i will tell you allergic problems are totaly permenantly solvable without any Steroids or sedatives or antiallergic drugs and that too without any side effects but in condition continue the course of treatment atleast 4-5months of HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT
1. Nux vom 200-3doses alternate night
2. Nihilinum 200-6-6-6 pils for 2wks revert back after 2wks
possibly try to avoid all such kind of medications or syrups and take lukewarm plane water for frecquent Gargling and drinking purpose
Prevention of Cold and Allergies. Increasing Immunity.
1. Stay away from Dust and Pollution.
2. Increase your immunity, eat plenty of Fruits and vegetables.
3. Keep Hydrated. Drink plenty of water and soups.
4. Exercise - Make it a habit to exercise or run for 45 minutes daily. This will improve your immunity.
5. Green Tea - Drink green Tea and coffee , They contain flavnoids and will.improve your immunity.
6. Multivitamin - A good multivitamin of Antioxidants will also help you avoid cold and allergies .
7. Avoid eating outside food .
8. Handful of nuts like walnuts and almonds will improve your immunity to fight of the cold and allergies.
9. Maintain Healthy weight.
10. Yoga may also help in improving once immunity and inner strength.
also get vaccines .
influenza once every year and Pneumococcal polysaccharides Vaccine once in a lifetime
Also make a private consult with me for a perfect treatment protocol
I can understand your concern.
She could definitely be having some allergy but what allergy? It needs to be found out. She could go for a allergy profile test after consulting a ENT specialist or a pulmonologist in person for further evaluation and management.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dear friend, your sister having cold and cough throughout the year even after covering her nose suggests it's less likely to be allergic. It might be due to some polyp or chronic sinusitis( if associated with headache). Kindly check with an ENT surgeon in person. hope this helps. regards.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.