Acne prone n Dark Skin

Sir I m 22 male.I have pimples and acne problem since last 4 to 6 yrs.My face skin is getting tanned from cheeks and forehead due to acne prone. I have a sensitive skin so i dont apply any creams on it. i just use a face wash to wash it.The problem is my skin is going dull n dark day by day..nd it feels embarrassing..my skin is so oily.and i never feel fresh.N i have hyperhydrosis (sweaty face) ..should i go for a laser treatment for whitening face skin..does it cause any side effect? i have a dandruff problem also...plz suggest me what to do...??? i want acne free n fresh face skin....
views-icons 33 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne prone n Dark Skin

Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcisions, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
You can consult me on Practo Direct for personal recommendations.