Acl reconstruction surger

What are the different types of graft used in Acl reconstruction surgery? Is there a method of replacing the graft with that of a deceased person? Which method is more effective? What is the approx cost of the surgery in India? Is it 100% effective? Recovery time after the surgery..please help me. Thank you.
views-icons 36 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 13 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to respond. Two types of grafts are commonly employed for ACL reconstruction. One is bone patellar bone graft and the other hamstring grafts. Normally donor grafts are taken from the same. This we do even for professionals and they do well. But to answer your question cadaveric grafts are still not available for ACL reconstruction. The cost for ACL reconstruction in our hospital is approximately 175000. You need to be admitted in the hospital for max 3 days. However you need to do extensive exercises for about 3 months with the help of physiotherapist. Good luck!