ACL recon Meniscus repair
I have had ACL reconstruction using hamstring graft and meniscus repair discharge summary has been attached as an image file. 6 week post operation my ROM is only 80degree . Should I worry about it ? What is the normal time frame under which normal people of my age having similar condition reach ROM of 120 or more ? When can i return to sports ? My doc told me if I wont regain ROM my leg might go stiff forever . Is it true ? What is the general statistics of similar patient like me. Another question I have coverage in mediclaim upto 90 days of discharge of post hospitalization expenditure. Will physiotherapy expenditure comes under this and will be reimbursed totally by apllo munich health insurance ?

Dr. Mangesh Darekar
Orthopedist 9 yrs exp Pune

Meniscus repair needs protection for upto 6 weeks hence the delay is there. However NW the physiotherapy needs to be a bit aggressive as I try to achieve a min flexion of 110 degrees by end of 6 weeks after ACL and 8-10 weeks in meniscus repair. Return to normal sporting activity can be contemplated between 5 and 6 months after surgery. Post operative stiffness is common if physio is not done properly or unsupervised. Regarding the insurance query I believe you need to enquire with your agency for that.