Achille pain

Hai sir,this is sreenu.. Iam suffering from Achilles pain. I do jogging every day and when i relax mode my legs are lagging.. my age 24 and weight 72 kgs...

Dr. Sharath Kumar
Rheumatologist 15 yrs exp Bangalore

hi Srinu.  based on the photograph I am not able to tell with swelling and the problem is in the Achilles or not. however achilles enthesopathy is a common problem and causes pain and discomfort to a lot of people.   it is generally not a serious problem and is improved with eccentric exercises . please see the link below that explains in detail what Achilles enthesopathy is  and what are the exercises that needs to be done. www.ouh.nhs.uk › leaflet_achilles_a5 along with the exercises you need to take a course of anti inflammatories.    if you meet a doctor they will be able to prescribe course of anti-inflammatory for you.  what is concerning is that in otherwise 25 year old healthy man legends with this condition raises the suspicions that he might have another disease known as peripheral spondyloarthritis.  to make sure that you do not have the disease you need to meet a rheumatologist.  in addition as I said above, it is difficult to confirm based on the photograph that your problem is actually actually Achilles problem and therefore it would be ideal if you could meet a Rheumatologist who will be able to confirm that the problem is actually that and not  plantar fasciitis or tibiotalar arthritisall of which can present similarly