A Hole in my teeth

There is small hole in my teeth. Still it is not reach to the root ..I want the treatment without root canal...like permanent filling ...

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..a hole in the tooth always goes for root canal. Either now or later. Don't wait for pain to come get a root canal done. Because even if you do filling for a deep cavity it's just a temporary treatment. Permanent is always root canal. Earlier the treatment longer the tooth life. Regards
Dr. Bianca Nazareth Arya
Periodontist 13 yrs exp Nagpur

The best person to judge how deep the cavity is will be the dentist. Get a consultation and xray done and then if it turns out to be away from the nerve a filling is very much possible.
Dr. Rujuta Bhingare
Dentist 11 yrs exp Nagpur
Ya it is possible to do a filling instead of root canal treatment only if it has not reached d pulp. For that u'll need a x-ray n consult Dentist.
Dr. Ketaki Joglekar
Dentist 9 yrs exp Nagpur
If the caries (that's the hole in your tooth) have not reached the innermost layer of the tooth, it is possible to do just a filling. But if they have reached the innermost layer and the tooth is painful and you are not able to chew food from that side... a root canal treatment will have to be done. Kindly send an x-ray if you have one. The final treatment will be decided based on the xray findings. Feel free to call or visit me.