77yr grandmother low BP

My 77 yr old grandmother has low BP (69/98). She has no other medical history except for Hernia. What foods should she take to bring her BP back to normal? Also, what other precautions should we take?

Doctor Answers (2) on 77yr grandmother low BP

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your consult. Is she having any symptoms associated with this low blood pressure? In aged people and in skinny people the blood pressure is a bit on the lower side nornally so in them you fo not need to worry. Other wise, she should have lots of water and with a pinch of salt everytime. Consult a general physician in oerson for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. We need to keep her hydrated...we can also give her extra salt so that it water will be retained...but firr thing is we need to know why her bp is so low...it's better you consult a physician and get her examined....she may also require admission and iv fluids.... thank you