7 mm kidney stone

Hi, I have just done x ray kub and found that I have a stone on right side measuring 7.2 x 5.3 .I also have swelling in that part of the body What is the best , safe and cost effective way to remove the stone Is it possible to flush this size of stone via urine ??? Please guide..

Doctor Answers (1) on 7 mm kidney stone

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Most kidney stones won't require invasive treatment. You may be able to pass a small stone by:

Drinking water. Drinking as much as 2 to 3 quarts (1.9 to 2.8 liters) a day may help flush out your urinary system. Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, drink enough fluid — mostly water — to produce clear or nearly clear urine.

Pain relievers. Passing a small stone can cause some discomfort. To relieve mild pain, your doctor may recommend pain relievers such as ibuprofen

Medical therapy. Your doctor may give you a medication to help pass your kidney stone. This type of medication, known as an alpha blocker, relaxes the muscles in your ureter, helping you pass the kidney stone more quickly and with less pain.
Consult urologist...