60% of dental bone loss

I had consult the doctor he said that I need a flap surgery and bone grafting My concern is this safe. The gaps which are created in between my toots can be covered with this treatment And expense he told about 50,000 How to maintain after surgery
views-icons 36 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on 60% of dental bone loss

Flap surgery is a procedure done only in selected cases where there is bone loss and there is a chance that there won't be further loosening of teeth after treatment the x Ray and thorough clinical examination should be done by a periodontist who would check the necessity of flap surgery and the further prognosis in the particular patient
Hi..yes this procedure is safe and it is the only procedure to strengthen your gums, teeth and jaw bone. Failure to undergo can result in tooth loss. Post surgery maintenance is important. Yes it is an expensive surgery. Cost ranges from 35k-50k. Regards
Flap surgery and bone grafting are absolutely safe procedures. Post operatively you have to maintain proper oral hygiene that means brushing twice daily, flossing ,interdental brushing if required and mouth rinsing with warm saline water or mouth wash. If you have any habit like smoking ,gutkha chewing etc that needs to be stopped . Follow up visits with a dentist are must.