Severe  heel pain
I m having severe heel pain for some time. Even not able to put my feet on the ground. What may be the problem and which specialised doctor should i consult.

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 13 yrs exp Chennai

Thank you for asking me to respond. There could be two reasons for heel pain. One is plantar fascitis and the other is retrocalcaneal bursitis. In the former, pain  is the sole (bottom part of the foot). Pain comes while playing steps forward. The latter is pain at the back of the heel, and is usually more severe than the former. Your treatment will vary depending on which part of the heel is affected. You can consult an ortho surgeon to find out the exact cause and is treatment. Good luck!