1. How much does Bariatric Surgery cost?
Minimum amount to be paid for Bariatric Surgery in Chennai starts from Rs.2,00,000
Average charges for Bariatric Surgery in Chennai is approximately Rs.2,50,000
Maximum cost for Bariatric Surgery in Chennai rises up to Rs.3,00,000
Expenses for Bariatric Surgery in Chennai changes due to the following factors:
- Medical condition
- Surgeon's fee
- Type of Facility (Hospital) & Room that you opt for
- Post-surgical complications
- Time for recovery from surgery
- The method used for Bariatric Surgery
2. What are the risks and complications of Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric Surgery has the following risks and complications:
- Excessive bleeding, Blood clots
- Leakage in the intestinal system, Infection
- Gallstones, Hernias, Bowel obstruction, Ulcers, etc.
- Hypoglycemia (low levels of glucose), Malnutrition
- Dumping syndrome
3. Who are the best surgeons for Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric Surgery is performed by a qualified Gastroenterologist or Surgeon who is well experienced in performing Bariatric surgery.
4. What is Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric Surgery reduces the size of the stomach and restricts or decreases the amount of food intake at a time and is used to treat medical conditions like severe obesity along with conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, joint pains, abnormal cholesterol levels in the blood, sleep apnea, etc.
5. What are the types of Bariatric Surgery?
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band
- Sleeve gastrectomy (gastric sleeve)
- Gastric bypass
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch