1. What are the common symptoms of coronary heart disease?
The common symptoms of coronary artery disease are:
Shortness of breath
Heart attack due to complete blockage of the coronary artery
2. Can I prevent coronary heart disease?
Yes, you can prevent coronary heart disease by improving your heart health:
Stay physically active
Maintain a healthy body weight
Reduce and manage stress
Eat low-fat foods
Eat a low-salt diet that is rich in vegetable and fruits
3. Can surgery help to manage coronary heart disease?
Yes, a surgery helps to improve blood flow around the blocked coronary artery. A bypass surgery is an open-heart surgery and is reserved for cases of multiple narrowed coronary arteries.
4. Which diet should I avoid if I have a risk of coronary heart disease?
Diet including trans fat, excess sugar, excess salt and saturated fat should be avoided if you have a risk of coronary artery disease. Alcohol in excess should also be avoided.
5. What is a coronary artery disease?
When the major blood vessels that supply blood, nutrients and oxygen to the heart are diseased or damaged, the condition is called coronary artery disease.