Consulted Dr. Preeth Shetty (Pediatrician)
I do not recommend the doctor
I have been consulting him for past 9 years for my kids but recent experience was very bad. They don't keep stock for polio vaccines. You have to leave your number and you will be called after 1 month or so as per waiting list. The worst thing is, whenever you get a call, you have to come on the same day leaving all your work no matter what part of the world you are in on the that day. In mine case, I got a call after month, I told reception that I am unable to come today so pls give me appointment for next day. The lady refused to give the appointment and insisted that if you want vaccination, you have to come to clinic today only, pay the vaccination cost and then you can come for vaccination next day. If you don't go/pay on same day, your name will be removed from waiting list. Again you will have to give your number and wait for their call. They behave as if they are giving once a lifetime million dollar lottery ticket. They neither gave me appointment for next day nor they called me again. On next visit, I told doctor regarding the same, and his response was, how much time it takes for me to come and pay the vaccinations cost. What nonsense . He wants me to travel 4 hours from my office to come and reserve the vaccinations? I am regular patient and if I come next day what he is going to lose. When I tried to explain him, why I could not come, doctor said, I have other patients waiting, give your number to reception again. His behavior was as if I came for free visit. Very frustrating experience.
The interesting thing is, they will have schedule for Vaccination and will insist to finish the vaccination within the time frame recommended but if they don't have stock, then scheduled can be changed. My kids polio vaccine was overdue by 3 months.
1. No use of prior appointment. You have to visit clinic, take token and wait.
2. Charges 50-60 Rs for each vaccination shots even if you buy the vaccinations from the same clinic.
3. If you visit clinic even for vaccination, you will be charged consultation fee of 300 Rs in addition to vaccination shot charges.
So total charges will be, Consultation + Vaccination shots charge + Vaccination cost.
4. Charges for repeat consultation within a week is less but if go after one week due to non availability of doctor (on holiday etc which is not your fault), you will have to pay full fee.
5. Some of the prescribed medicines will not be available outside easily. But It will be available in his clinic.
6. If you ask questions, he will be irritated. He tries to finish with the patients asap. He will be happy if you just listen to him and ask no questions.
7. He will hardly spend 1-2 min for patients, his assistant does most of the job including writing prescription. He has two consultations rooms. Before you leave the room, he will move to other consultation room.
8. He does not engage with or talk to child. Does not try to deviate the child's attention while giving shots. Don't find any toys in consultation room that child can play with during checkup.
9. Not proactive. Doe not ask more questions to parents which can help him diagnose the issue. You will have to tell him everything whether he listens or not.
10. Doesn't' explain side effects of medicines. Doesn't discus various options/brands of vaccinations in detail.