Visited Dr. Suraj Lunavat (Urologist) For Kidney ProblemsD J Stent Removal
I recommend the doctor
Happy with: Doctor friendlinessExplanation of the health issueTreatment satisfaction
Recently, I have gone through the Kidney stone surgery (RIRS) and I am grateful to Dr. Suraj for such a smooth procedure, which was almost painless.
Dr. Suraj Lunavat is best doctor to treat any Urological problem. He is the best Urologist in the City and along with the best treatment he will also make you mentally comfortable for the treatment. I choose Jehangir hospital for the surgical procedure and the hospital facility and staff was very good and co-operative.
My suggestion to every kidney stone patient is that please don’t delay or neglect the issue, visit to a doctor as early as possible. I’m very happy with the treatment and all support provided by Dr. Suraj Lunavat, he is very kind person, who always listen and answer all your queries very patiently. I wish him all the very best.
Below is my complete history about the Kidney Stone treatment (can skip if not interested) -
1. On 20th Jun 2022, I experienced severe back pain on left side only, which was unbearable. This condition settled down automatically in 30-40 mins.
2. On 21th Jun 2022, I consulted with general physician about the problem and she suspected this can be a symptom of Kidney Stone. She prescribed some pain killer medicines, Neeri Syrup and also mentioned to go for USG.
3. On 15th July 2022, I went for the USG test (I experienced two episodes of the pain in this duration, I was bit busy in home shifting in this duration) and USG report showed that there are two stones in my left kidney, stucked into upper ureter, also causing Hydro Nephrosis in kidney.
4. On 23th July 2022, I visited Dr Suraj , first time and explain him everything, he understand the problem and suggested to go for CT Scan KUB to understand the problem more clearly.
5. On 26th July 2022, I visited Dr Suraj again with CT Scan report and it was very clear that two stones with size 8.7 and 7 MM, stucked in Ureter close to each other and there is minor swelling in the Kidney with Hydro Nephrosis. In the same call he suggested for the surgery and I also fixed the date.
6. On 28th July 2022, I got admitted in Jehangir Hospital, they performed all the checkups required for the surgical procedure.
7. On 29th July 2022, I gone under the RIRS (URS) surgery with General Aneshthesia. Operation took almost 35-45 mins and I been shifted to my room within 1.5 hour. It was completely pain less without any cut or stitch. During surgery Doctor also injected one stent in the Ureter for better healing of the Kidney and ureter.
8. On 30th Jun 2022, I discharged from the hospital with some medicines and asked to see the doctor after 15 days.
9. I felt a minor pain in the back side and sensation during urination, but it was not very severe and can be reduced down by medicines.
10. I was very nervous about the stent removal process as stent removal doesn’t include any anaesthesia, but Dr Suraj explains me everything on this concern, also told that if you feel pain we have many option available instantly.
11. On 20th Aug 2022, I gone for the stent removal procedure in Ratna Memorial Hospital, it took only 5 min to took the stent out and I felt very minimal pain under local anaesthesia. I felt some pain during urination for next 24 hours and also seen blood in urine but it settle down in 24 hours.
12. Today, on 31st Aug 2022, I’am doing all my routine works including walking, cycling etc.
Dr. Suraj Lunavat replied
Thanks for your appreciation . It means a lot to us