1365 doctors available in Pune
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Will I have to get my wisdom teeth removed?
You need not get the wisdom teeth removed if they have erupted completely in the correct position and can be cleaned properly. However, you will have to get them removed if they do not have a place to erupt completely and remain partially in the gums, causing discomfort, or if they do not erupt in the right position.
2. What are the symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth?
The following are the symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth:
- Redness and swelling of the gums
- Swelling and pain around the jaw
- Mouth odour
- Bleeding gums
- Unpleasant taste in the mouth
- Problems in opening the mouth
3. Will wisdom teeth restrict my eating habits?
A normal wisdom tooth does not need any dietary restrictions. However, an impacted teeth may cause discomfort while eating. You may be asked to extract the impacted tooth. After tooth extraction, there will be some dietary restrictions for a few hours.
4. Are there ways to prevent the emergence of improper wisdom teeth?
No, it is not possible to prevent the improper eruption of wisdom teeth. However, regular dental check-ups can help you take necessary steps to avoid complications.
5. Do wisdom teeth really affect one's wisdom?
No, the name of the teeth has nothing to do with the wisdom of the individual. They are called as wisdom teeth because they erupt at a much later stage in life , typically by the time one is expected to have achieved some wisdom, as compared to other teeth.