I recommend the doctor
- Spends adequate time in listening to problems
- Avoids antibiotics and gives enough time for the infant's immunity to fight back
- If kids are crying and not allowing to examine, then in extreme cases she might take shortcuts by making assumptions
- Consults only in Lords Hospital and it is bad place for kids at-least
- Might prescribe medication which will be difficult to get
- Will not be available on phone
If your baby's condition does not improve in few weeks I recommend to take a second opinion. Since Dr Gopika does not start antibiotics it get's risky. So we as parents should know when to take a second opinion
Dr Gopika was recommended by one of my colleague. I was in Trivandrum for a brief time and my visits have been not more than 5 times. My kids have had viral fever on multiple occasions and most of the time they were cured. However it was a long cure taking 2-3 weeks. In a sense, it was good also.
We used to go on a weekday to visit her for 2 reasons: less crowd and is available for longer duration in the hospital. On one occasion my kids had very bad fever and were restless in the waiting area. Looking at it we requested Dr Gopika to look at our kids on priority. She agreed to our request. That was really a surprise for us. Post that she suggested us the best time slots to consult her which is afternoon around 2:00PM. And we were realized, indeed it was the best time slot for her and us. Other times she had long queue and was not abel to give look at the babies 100%.