What is Earlobe Correction Repair?
Earlobe Correction Repair is a minor procedure that mainly focuses on the correction, repair, and reshaping of earlobes. This procedure is performed in case of split or widened earlobes, stretched, and oversized earlobes. Earlobe is the soft inferior part of the ear that is made of fat and skin. Because of heavy earrings or trauma, it can be torn or split.
Who are the specialists that can perform ear lobe repair?
Well experienced and qualified specialists such as ENT specialists, Plastic surgeons, or Dermatologic surgeons can perform ear lobe correction repair. A particular specialist will examine the cause and condition of the earlobe before planning for the procedure. An individual can discuss with the surgeon on how they are expecting the look of the earlobe after the procedure. And the surgeon can confirm whether their expectations can be met or not.
What are the indications of ear lobe correction repair?
Following are a few of the indications of ear lobe correction repair:
- Split earlobes
- Torn or damaged earlobes
- Stretched earlobes
- Oversized earlobes
- Any deformity in the ear lobe
What are the risks and complications related to Earlobe Correction Repair?
Following are a few of the possible risks with Earlobe Correction Repair:
- Reactions after the sedation
- Scar formation
- Retraction of skin
- Skin sensation changes
What is the preparation before the procedure?
Preparation steps that one should follow before the ear lobe correction repair:
- Surgeon will examine the earlobe for any infection and the patient gives information about his/her past medical or medication history.
- Patient must know all the advantages, risks related to earlobe repair.
- Follow the surgeon's instructions and prescriptions carefully.
- The surgeon may take images of the ears before the surgery to compare them with the images taken after the procedure or for any further references.
What is the post-procedure care after earlobe repair?
One should follow the below steps after the procedure:
- Follow the prescribed antibiotics regularly to avoid infection.
- There can be swelling, pain, or sensitivity in the surgical area which is a part of the normal healing process.
- Should attend follow up consultations for a checkup.
- Do not sleep on the operated side of the earlobe at least for a month.
- Clean the area carefully and change the dressing as instructed by the doctor.
What are the advantages of ear lobe correction repair?
Advantages of earlobe repair procedure are:
- A simple and effective procedure
- Repairs the split or impair earlobe
- Improves the condition of the earlobes
- Minimal pain and swelling of the ear
- Treats gauged earlobes
How long does it take to complete Earlobe Repair?
Depending on the condition of the earlobe, the procedure may take almost 30-60 minutes to complete. Based on the health condition of the patient this procedure may take more than the actual time.