Frequently Asked Questions
What is Piles Surgery?
The surgery that can remove both internal and external piles is called Piles Surgery. It is also known as Hemorrhoid Surgery. This surgery helps in treating grade 3 and 4 piles and improves the quality of life of the patient.
Different types of pile surgeries are:
- Infrared coagulation
- Hemorrhoid stapling
- Hemorrhoidal artery ligation
What are the benefits of Piles Surgery?
Following are some benefits of Piles Surgery:
- Changes the patients quality of life
- Reduced pain during passing stool
- Piles which are not able to treated by medications can be treated
What are the indications of Piles Surgery?
Following are the indications of Piles Surgery:
- A family history of piles.
- A lot of pressure in the anus blood vessels due to piles.
What is the preparation required for Piles Surgery?
- A day before the surgery, laxatives will be given to the patient.
- The patient should discuss with the doctor about all the risks, complications, and benefits of Piles Surgery.
- Inform the doctor about the present and past medical and medication history.
- The doctor may suggest the patient to undergo a few lab tests.
- Health condition of the patient may be evaluated before undergoing this surgery.
What is the postprocedure care for Piles Surgery?
- Don't drive any vehicles for up to 2 days
- Eat fiber-rich food items
- Heavy-weights should not be lifted
- Drink water
Who can do Piles Surgery?
What can be the cost of Piles Surgery in Hyderabad?
Following factors may affect the cost of Piles Surgery in Hyderabad:
- Admission fee
- Size of piles
- Type of surgery planned to be performed
- Patient age
- Surgeon fee
- Severity of the piles
- Health condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Type of hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc.
Minimum cost in Hyderabad starts from Rs.7,800
Average price in Hyderabad is approximately Rs.65,600
Maximum expenses in Hyderabad rise up to Rs.1,40,000
Who can undergo Piles Surgery?
Following are the individuals who can undergo Piles Surgery:
- People who are facing difficulty to pass stools.
- Patients suffering from internal and external piles.
- Individuals passing black-colored stools.
Who cannot undergo Piles Surgery?
Following are the individuals who cannot undergo Piles Surgery:
- Who underwent recent colorectal surgery.
- Who have piles and can be treated with medicines.
What are the side-effects of Piles Surgery?
- Obstruction while passing stools
- Impaction of feces
- Incontinence in the feces
- Anal stricture
- Infection in anus
- Rectal bleeding
What is the time required to complete Piles Surgery?
A surgeon may take almost 20-40 minutes to complete the Piles Surgery.
What is the recovery time of Piles Surgery?
Recovery time from Piles Surgery maybe 1-2 weeks and depends on the severity and size of the piles.
What is the success rate of Piles Surgery?
Below factors can change the success rate of Piles Surgery:
- Size of piles
- Surgeon experience
- Health condition of the patients
- Patient age
- Type of surgery performed
- Piles severity
However, the success rate of Piles Surgery maybe 95%.
Is Piles Surgery Permanent?
Yes, it is a permanent surgery as it involves removing the internal and external piles.
What are the long-term effects of Piles Surgery?
- Reduction in passing black colored stools
- Decreases anal pain
What are the available options if Piles Surgery is not successful?
In case of a failed Piles Surgery, the doctor may suggest revision surgery.
What can be the alternatives for Piles Surgery?
- Medication treatment
- Anal dilation