Frequently Asked Questions
What is Piles Surgery and its indications?
Piles Surgery is also called Hemorrhoid surgery. It involves the removal of both internal and external piles. It treats grade 3 and 4 types of piles which cannot be treated by using medicine or medications.
There are different types of pile surgeries and they are:
- Hemorrhoid stapling
- Infrared coagulation
- Hemorrhoidal artery ligation
Piles Surgery is indicated in the following conditions:
- People with a family history of piles.
- A buildup of pressure in the blood vessels in and around the anus.
- Severe constipation.
What can be the advantages of Piles Surgery?
Some of the advantages of Piles Surgery are the following:
- Decreases the discomfort while passing the stool.
- Treats piles that cannot be treated with medicines.
- Enhances patient's quality of life.
What is the required preparation for Piles Surgery?
- Laxatives will be given to the patient a day before the surgery.
- Before undergoing the surgery, the medical condition of the patient will be checked by the doctor.
- Patient should inform past and present medical and medication history to the doctor.
- A few lab tests or other examinations may be recommended by the doctor to the patient.
- Discuss all the risks and complications along with the benefits of Piles Surgery with the doctor.
What is the care taken after Piles Surgery?
- Avoid driving any vehicles until recovered from the anesthetic effect.
- Should not lift weights.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Eat fruits like bananas, oranges, and apples, etc.
Who is the right specialist to perform Piles Surgery?
What is the cost of Piles Surgery in Mumbai?
Some factors may affect the cost of Piles Surgery in Mumbai and they are:
- Severity of the piles
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Health condition of the patient
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc.
- Patient age
- Type of surgery planned to be performed
- Type of hospital
- Doctor fee
- Size of piles
- Admission fee
- The admission room that you opted for
Minimum charges in Mumbai starts from Rs.20,000
Average cost in Mumbai is approximately Rs.42,361
Maximum price in Mumbai may rise up to Rs.1,33,500
What type of people can choose Piles Surgery?
People with the following conditions can choose Piles Surgery:
- People with difficulty in passing stools.
- Patients with internal and external piles.
- People who have pain while passing black-colored stools.
What type of people cannot choose Piles Surgery?
People with the following conditions cannot choose Piles Surgery:
- People who have undergone recent colorectal surgery.
- Individuals suffering from piles and can be treated with medicines.
What are the risks and complications of Piles Surgery?
Piles Surgery has the following risks and complications:
- Obstruction while passing stools
- Anal stricture
- Rectal bleeding
- Impaction of feces
- Infection in anus
- Fecal incontinence
What is the required time to complete Piles Surgery?
The time required to complete Piles Surgery maybe 20-40 minutes.
What is the recovery time from Piles Surgery?
To recover from Piles Surgery, the patient may take around 1-2 weeks.
What is the success rate of Piles Surgery?
Piles Surgery success rate depends on the following factors:
- The Health condition of the patient
- Patient age
- Type of surgery performed
- The severity of piles
- Experience of the surgeon
- Size of piles
However, the success rate of Piles Surgery maybe 95%.
Is Piles Surgery Permanent?
Piles Surgery removes both internal and external piles permanently.
What are the long-term goals of Piles Surgery?
- Reduction passing black colored stools
- Decreases anal pain
What are the options to look after the failure of Piles Surgery?
In case of a failed Piles Surgery, the doctor may suggest revision surgery.
What are the alternative methods or procedures for Piles Surgery?
Alternatives for Piles Surgery are the following:
- Treatment by using the medicine
- Anal dilation